Friday, October 27, 2006
will need to cover my ass like google does.
The 23 year old Grant Stanley has been sentenced to five months in prison, followed by five months of home detention, and a $3000 fine for the work he put in the private BitTorrent tracker Elitetorrents.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
The Microsoft Zune may pay you for sharing a song with others if they end up buying that song themselves. As you probably know, the Zune's WiFi capability will let you send a song to another Zune user, and then that user can listen to it three times for free within three days, after which a prompt appears asking for $1 to buy it. As the rumor goes, Microsoft will give you an unspecified number of credits for passing along that song that was later bought. Then, you can redeem those credits for free music or anything else from the Zune Marketplace.
This is a great idea. If enough people buy into Zune, the product will reach critical mass, and because of this bounty, everyone will be eager to offer their song lists to others, hoping to amass enough credits to buy more music. It's viral/incentive marketing on a micro-payment scale. If this is just a false rumor, if I were Microsoft I would do it anyway. – Charlie White
PeerIt.com value proposition:
- All kinds of digitally deliverable goods
- Sell your own stuff - plenty of room for the little man
- Real money back to the buyers
now just to integrate it into my signup page.import Captcha from Captcha.Visual.Tests import PseudoGimpy import StringIO def captcha(request): g = PseudoGimpy() s = StringIO.StringIO() i = g.render() i.save(s, 'JPEG') request.session['captcha'] = g.solutions return HttpResponse(s.getvalue(), 'image/jpg')
Monday, October 23, 2006
- paypal - personal accounts free, premier 3% + 30 cents per txn
- neteller - 1.9% p2p payment
- PayPal - pretty restrictive - no p0rn, no gambling - why take the fun out of it.
- neteller - wow - as long as your not a terrorist, its all good baby.
- PayPal - whatever...i am used to it..so is everyone else
- Neteller - never used it. But online gambling addicted friend told me about it - how hard could it be.
- Both support accepting payments, and a MassPay for affiliate payments.
Sunday, October 22, 2006
- A seller posts digitial goods for sale, along with the affiliate rate.
- A buyer purchases the good, and downloads it via a custom peer-2-peer client
- Buyer becomes affiliate for the Seller, helping upload to the next purchaser
- Seller's pay out affiliates based on how much the affilliate has uploaded, and the Seller's affiliate rate
- See item description
- See what other purchasers have to say
- If you have purchased the item, leave a comment
- RSS feeds
- Ask sellers a question
- Read other questions and answers
- Accounts Payable
- Each seller will have an accounts Payable
- How much is owed to each affiliate
- Accounts Receivable:
- Buyer's can make money on their purchases.
- Money is distributed to the Buyer from the Seller
- See how much money is owed to you.
- Which Sellers owe how much for what.